Based in Toronto, Ontario
December 12, 2012
Bleed is an action-platformer focused on stylish, acrobatic dodging and fluid, challenging gameplay. There's no filler -- just you and your skills against seven levels of enemies, obstacles, breakneck set-pieces and inventive bosses! The player controls Wryn, a young girl who dreams of becoming the ultimate videogame hero. Together they will take on the Greatest Heroes of All Time in an action-packed bid to claim the title and show the world what a true hero looks like!
Bleed was created from the desire to innovate the action-platformer -- a genre I love but felt was growing stale and needlessly restricted by the past. The game features a unique control scheme allowing you to shoot in one direction, air-dodge in another and slow down time -- easily and all at once. Designed around this setup, the action is relentless and intense, resulting in acrobatic, empowering gameplay. The game released on Xbox Live Indie Games in December 2012, and on Steam in July 2013. It sold over 125,000 copies and gained strong positive recognition, becoming a finalist in Microsoft's Dream Build Play competition and placing in the PAX "11-13".
- 7 levels packed with multiple set-pieces and bosses.
- Unique control scheme enabling crazy-fast action.
- 4 difficulty levels that remix set-pieces, enemy placement and boss patterns.
- Survive the entire game on one life in Arcade Mode.
- Select and battle up to three bosses at once in Challenge Mode.
- 2-player local co-op for all modes (requires at least one gamepad.)
Bleed 2012 Trailer YouTube
Full Playthrough (Very Hard Difficulty, No Commentary) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- ""PAX 11-13"." PAX Prime, 2013
- "Dream Build Play Finalist" 2012
- "Insanely fun."
- Sophie Prell, Penny Arcade Report
- "If you have a pulse, if even a fraction of your heart is occupied by videogames, you must play Bleed."
- Tim Hurley, The XBLIG
- "There’s so many clever ideas at play here that it’s amazing they could keep them all so balanced."
- Indie Gamer Chick, Indie Gamer Chick
Bleed on Steam
The Steam store page for Bleed can be found at store.steampowered.com.
Download the OST for Bleed at bootdiskrevolution.bandcamp.com.
About Bootdisk Revolution
Ian Campbell aka Bootdisk Revolution is a one-man indie game studio from Toronto, Ontario. I create challenging arcade games with interesting mechanics.
More information on Bootdisk Revolution, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design, Development, Art, Audio, etc